space flying game

Not quite philosophy discussions, debates, various thought experiments and other topics of interest.

space flying game

Postby xrisxs on January 28th, 2011, 12:18 pm 

I know there are mmorg's or whatever but is there one for space. Is there a game where you log on and your in an astronaut suit flying in space? then you could hang out with others. all one would do is push there mouse forward a bunch to speed up. i imagined you had an egg in your hand and if you kept pushing it forward and back you could speed up. probably not. and to slow down one would simply turn around and do the same strokes with the mouse. but if we have some of our space mapped out like to the moon then could we not go there to in a game? You buy the game, then there is the mother ship from where you can hang out like a sims or go out into space leisurely. you could go out with some one else and meet people already there. but this is in real time. meaning to say that if it takes 3 months to go to the moon at 300 miles an hour then so be it. Eevn when you log off your still flying hoping you did not hit anything. Is this game possible? is it already out? then i got to thinking what if this was real. what if you had a real telescope or cmera or whatever that was launched into space that you could look all around but your always going the direction that was given you. this way if alot of us were out there funded by the people then mapping is easier and we might find all kinds off stuff.
but back to the game. I for one would love to hang out with people on the moon or space debri or just be in space doing absolutely nothing. so yea, thanx..
xrisxs

Re: space flying game

Postby xcthulhu on January 28th, 2011, 12:27 pm 

I'm not really into MMORPGs, but I am pretty sure that EVE Online is like this.

-----

Almost two years ago, EVE Online had a financial meltdown, reflecting the real life financial meltdown:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009 ... n-bank.ars

I don't know how its economy is doing these days...
xcthulhu
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: space flying game

Postby xrisxs on January 28th, 2011, 12:47 pm 

ty very much. mmorpg. that's it. and thanks for the direction of my article. I appolgize for putting it in the wrong place. and btw, what does locked mean. other than the obvious. i mean if something is locked then one would not really be able to resond? or is that the object as to say not valid enough. well ty again.
xrisxs

Return to Odds & Ends