What ever happened to him?

Not quite philosophy discussions, debates, various thought experiments and other topics of interest.

What ever happened to him?

Postby vivian maxine on November 26th, 2016, 1:40 pm 

This is not a big deal. Just wanted to comment. As most of us know, Fedel Castro has passed away. That set me to wondering whatever happened to Elian Gonzales? You do remember Elian, the boy who made it to Florida and relatives after fleeing from Cuba on a boat that had capsized drowning his mother among others? The courts eventually sent Elian back to Cuba to his father. Today, I expressed my question to a friend and she sent this:

The NYT article about Castro said that Elian Gonzales later went to Moscow to school and became a physicist, and was appointed to head the Cuban Nuclear Dept.

All I can say is "Good Grief". We never know what our little ones will grow up to do, do we?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Re: What ever happened to him?

Postby vivian maxine on November 26th, 2016, 3:44 pm 

Correction. Had another note from friend. She'd misread. Elian is not a nuclear physicist. Cuban government website Cubadebate said Friday that the now 22-year-old Gonzalez received his diploma in industrial engineering from the University of Matanzas.

We are sorry.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Odds & Ends