How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Not quite philosophy discussions, debates, various thought experiments and other topics of interest.

Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby Eclogite on August 14th, 2017, 12:32 am 

I thought you said you were going to present a coherent argument.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Location: Around and about


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby BadgerJelly on August 14th, 2017, 1:54 am 

Mik -

I am not interested in a "prize". This is a forum for discussion and debate. I am sure the mods would be happy enough for you to post this as a puzzle to be solved somewhere.

So why should be be concerned about any of this? Meaning the "evil" of "art"? I don't think many people are under the spell of "art".
User avatar
BadgerJelly
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: 14 Mar 2012


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby BadgerJelly on August 14th, 2017, 3:37 am 

This should probably help us clarify something better between ourselves? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z3mg6fjmzw&t=468

Talk about Art by Jordan Peterson. Touches on a lot of the kind of things mentioned by Mik.
Last edited by BadgerJelly on August 14th, 2017, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BadgerJelly
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: 14 Mar 2012
MrMikeludo liked this post


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby MrMikeludo on August 14th, 2017, 3:46 am 

BadgerJelly » August 14th, 2017, 1:54 am wrote:Mik -

I am not interested in a "prize". This is a forum for discussion and debate. I am sure the mods would be happy enough for you to post this as a puzzle to be solved somewhere.

So why should be be concerned about any of this? Meaning the "evil" of "art"? I don't think many people are under the spell of "art".


BadgerJelly:

That's the problem, no one here seems to be interested in "discussing" ANYTHING, but simply only "denying," and insulting, those are two diametrically opposed concepts.

THIS is an "art forum," one would suppose, justifiably, that IF you were here, you would be "interested" in "acquiring," and "patronizing," "art," or why would you be here, ergo, by my inviting you to “participate,” you would be doing both.

Also, IF you are NOT “interested” in any “prize,” and/or reward, what ARE you doing here?

Ps - Here's another clue: I AM here, for the OPPOSITE reason that you think.

AND:

So why should be be concerned about any of this? Meaning the "evil" of "art"? I don't think many people are under the spell of "art


You are WRONG, the ENTIRE world HAS been "conned," I HAVE, ALREADY," "provided" the "proof" for that, now, before we go ANY further, why don't you "prove" you can "figure it out," and "discuss the problem," with me, instead of simply denying it, and "proving" the opposite, and like a Monty Python skit, such as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
MrMikeludo
Banned User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Aug 2011


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby MrMikeludo on August 14th, 2017, 4:20 am 

BadgerJelly » August 14th, 2017, 3:37 am wrote:This should probably help us clarify something better between ourselves? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z3mg6fjmzw&t=468

Talk about Art by Jordan Peterson. Touches on a lot of the kind of things mentioned by Mik.


BadgerJelly:

One of the MAIN points that I make, in the series, is explain that everything is exactly infinitely backwards, and it is, such as this:

“Do not store up treasures for yourselves on earth, where moths and woodworms destroy them and thieves can break in and steal. But store up treasures for yourselves in heaven, where neither moth nor woodworms destroy them and thieves cannot break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also.” Matthew 6: 19-21

Functioning in conjunction with this:

“Under pressure from Pope Julius II, Michaelangelo finished the Sistine ceiling in tremendous haste. The vault was unveiled officially on 31 October 1512, the eve of All Saints, and was the subject of widespread admiration – At the unveiling, people came running from all the corners of the earth: this great work stopped them in amazement, left them wondering and loss for words. The Pope, his greatness fed by the success which encouraged initiatives, rewarded Michelangelo with money and splendid presents.” Vasari

AND this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enl51LjD6KA&t=660s

These are MAJOR clues, BadgerJelly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukFjH9odsXw&t=9s
MrMikeludo
Banned User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Aug 2011


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby BadgerJelly on August 14th, 2017, 4:33 am 

THIS is an "art forum," one would suppose, justifiably, that IF you were here, you would be "interested" in "acquiring," and "patronizing," "art," or why would you be here, ergo, by my inviting you to “participate,” you would be doing both.


Look up ... This is a "Philosophy Forum". I don't come here to win a prize, I came here to learn to express my thoughts, ideas and questions better, and to be exposed to different views and perspectives.

I like paintings, but I not have many possessions at all other than books and this laptop.

What reason do you think I think you are here? I have no idea why you are here other than by going off the reasons you've stated. The reason being you wish to get people to listen to you. You said that, and that is why I think you are here. If it is for the exact opposite reason then I guess I better stop listening? haha! See the perversity?

Anyway, tell me why you are here rather than playing this constant game of things. Or maybe comment on what Peterson said in the video. There seems to be a lack of common ground from which we can start any dialogue at the moment. I am still guessing .I am here because I find value in being here.
User avatar
BadgerJelly
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: 14 Mar 2012
BioWizardMrMikeludo liked this post


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby MrMikeludo on August 14th, 2017, 4:57 am 

BadgerJelly » August 14th, 2017, 4:33 am wrote:
THIS is an "art forum," one would suppose, justifiably, that IF you were here, you would be "interested" in "acquiring," and "patronizing," "art," or why would you be here, ergo, by my inviting you to “participate,” you would be doing both.


Look up ... This is a "Philosophy Forum". I don't come here to win a prize, I came here to learn to express my thoughts, ideas and questions better, and to be exposed to different views and perspectives.

I like paintings, but I not have many possessions at all other than books and this laptop.

What reason do you think I think you are here? I have no idea why you are here other than by going off the reasons you've stated. The reason being you wish to get people to listen to you. You said that, and that is why I think you are here. If it is for the exact opposite reason then I guess I better stop listening? haha! See the perversity?

Anyway, tell me why you are here rather than playing this constant game of things. Or maybe comment on what Peterson said in the video. There seems to be a lack of common ground from which we can start any dialogue at the moment. I am still guessing .I am here because I find value in being here.


BadgerJelly:

You could NOT have watched the ENTIRE "videos" that I provided a link to, I was still re-watching them, AS I was reading your posts.

Alright, I have some work to do, first thing in the morning, so I am inviting you to do THIS:

“Then the disciples went up to him and asked, 'Why do you talk to them in parables?' 'Because,' he replied, 'the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven are revealed to you, but they are not revealed to them. For anyone who has will be given more, and he will have more than enough; but from anyone who has not, even what he has will be taken away. The reason I talk to them in parables is that they look without seeing and listen without hearing or understanding. So in their case this prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled:
You will listen and listen again, but not understand,
see and see again, but not perceive.
For the heart of this nation has grown course,
their ears are dull of hearing, and they have shut their eyes,
for fear they should see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their heart,
and be converted,
and be healed by me.

But happy are your eyes because they see, your ears because they hear! I tell you solemnly, many prophets and holy men longed to see what you see, and never saw it; to hear what you hear, and never heard it.” Matthew 13: 10-17

And then, "SEE" if you can "understand" the simple pieces to the puzzle, that I JUST provided, in the LAST "2" posts, to "explain" THIS:

“Piss Christ - depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a small glass tank of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's 'Awards in the Visual Arts,' which was sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects...”

It is "science," BadgerJelly, that explains it all.

Got some work to do...
MrMikeludo
Banned User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Aug 2011


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby BadgerJelly on August 14th, 2017, 5:32 am 

No, I didn't even see that post. Hadn't hit the "refresh page" button. Sue me byatch!! XD haha!

I'll take a quick look tomorrow or later if they look interesting.
User avatar
BadgerJelly
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: 14 Mar 2012


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby MrMikeludo on August 14th, 2017, 8:32 am 

Here's another clue:

“Charlottesville murder suspect's teacher: 'He thought Nazis were pretty cool guys' - The 20-year-old Ohio man police say accelerated his car into a crowd of counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, in an incident that left one dead and 19 injured 'thought the Nazis were pretty cool guys,' according to his former history teacher - James Alex Fields Jr. was charged with second-degree murder following Saturday’s incident. Heather Heyer, the 32-year-old victim, was marching alongside members of the Democratic Socialists of America and other activist groups at the time she was killed, according to witnesses - Derek Weimer says he taught World History to Fields, as well as a course called America's Modern Wars, while Fields was a student at Randall K. Cooper High School in Union, Kentucky. He described Fields as being 'fairly quiet,' 'smart,' and also an open admirer of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis. 'He would say things that had that bent to it' - 'He really thought the Nazis were pretty cool guys.' Weimer said that he and Fields engaged in many private discussions, as well as the ones that were held publicly in class, and that Weimer frequently attempted to 'challenge his beliefs' about Nazism - He said that Fields confessed to reading and enjoying Mein Kampf, Hitler's 1925 autobiography -- a book that is considered a touchstone for white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups. 'He would usually make his points in a calm and respectful way,' Weimer said, responding to a question about whether Fields had exhibited signs of the violence police say he displayed on Saturday. Some of Fields' classmates at the school recalled a trip to Europe a group of students took after graduation in 2015, when they visited the Dachau concentration camp. Two of the students on the trip said when they arrived at the concentration camp, Fields said, 'This is where the magic happened...” AP

Functioning in conjunction, with this:

“Once a pattern of light waves have struck the retina, as soon a train of sound waves have traveled up the spiral of the cochlea, the events are translated into sequences of nervous information – The provinces of the brain are topographical maps of the sensory fields which they represent, and the same geometrical decorum applies to ALL projections – The physical events impinging upon the senses are translated into the characteristic digital language of the brain – a linear code dictates the construction of a visible object...” Dr. Jonathan Miller

And this:

"The equivalent of the machine language of the brain, in (Alan) Gavin's view, is very complex electromagnetic field con figurations...(And) after several years of painstaking mapping of these physic never-never lands, (Gavin) discovered an extraordinary thing: The mind of man contains only so many visions; four recurrent geometrical forms..." Judith Hooper -The3-pound Universe.

And this:

"One way to think about this view is to imagine spatial relationships as a kind of universal language that the brain uses no matter what specific language - social, moral, engineering, poetic, we are using at the moment - 'When you think about dynamic structure, you begin to realize that there are a lot of things that are analogous with life, (but) life is more patterns in space/time than it is a set of particular physical things." Jim Jubank - In The Image Of The Brain

And this:

“Hitler perceives in other people the traits or tendencies that are criticizable in him. Thus, instead of being devoured by the vulture of his own condemning conscience, or of his own disdain, he can attach what he perceives as evil or contemptible in others, and the external world, and so remain unconscious of his own guilt and inferiority. This mechanism where a man sees his own wicked impulses or weaknesses in others is called projection - Hitler's dynamical pattern, as described, corresponds closely to that of paranoid insanity – How is it, then, that Hitler has escaped confinement as a dangerous psychopath - A careful study of Hitler's writings and conduct has convinced us that he is not entirely devoted to destruction, as so many claim. In this nature there is a deep valid strain of creativeness, lacking, to be sure, the necessary talent t be successful. His creativity has been in combining elements in an ideology, in organizing the National Socialist party, and in composing the narrative and allegory of his own life. He is the author and leading actor of a great drama - Hitler has conducted his life at certain times as a Romantic artist does - Thus the answer to the question, How has Hitler maintained control over devolving into complete insanity might be this: He has gained a large measure of control over his hysterical of paranoid trends by using them consciously and successively in achieving his aims – He had identified himself with and dedicated himself to a sociocentric purpose, the creation of an Ideal Germany, which has served to diminish the pains and perils of an isolated egocentrism, and he has been supremely successful in imposing his visions and delusions on the German people, and, in so doing, convincing them of his unparalleled superiority. Thus the unreal has become real, insanity sanity. “ BBC – Structures Of Control In The Nazi State

And this:

Hitler mocked Germany's moral qualms, and his own: 'To find internal peace, rid the race of the consciousness of it's own guilt – Freeing men from the dirty and degrading ideas of conscience and morality is my work' – Death meant little to Hitler, because neither did life...” Interpretation of Cultures

And this:

“...Sustained by daily injections of dopamine, Hitler in no way alters his program. Warlimont is beside himself, remembering Hitler's astonishing rigidity, and his ability to draw Germany on – 'The determination of one man possessed of the devil governed everything, and the German soldier, and civilian, followed his lead...” Inside The Third Reich

And this:

“The International Exhibition of Modern Art — which came to be known, simply, as the Armory Show, marked the dawn of Modernism in America. It was the first time the phrase 'avant-garde' was used to describe painting and sculpture - Two-thirds of the paintings on view were by American artists. But it was the Europeans — Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cezanne, Picasso, Matisse, Duchamp — that caused a sensation - Viewers were shocked - Critics reviled the experimental art as 'insane' and an affront to their sensibilities. But the media attention drew crowds, and collectors took notice...” T Vitale

And this:

“Heavy users of dopamine inducing stimulants are doing more damage to their brains than scientists had thought, according to the first study that looked inside the brains of heavy consumers of dopamine inducing stimulants - Nearly a quarter of a class of molecules that help people feel pleasure and reward were knocked out. This is the first study to show directly that brain damage, caused by addiction, produces deficits in learning and memory - Dopamine is a brain chemical that regulates movement, pleasure and motivation. When the dopamine system goes seriously awry people lose their excitement for life and can no longer move their limbs. The addicts started out as occasional users but over time the drug hijacked their dopamine systems...”J. M. Nash

And this:

“Addicts neuron's assaulted by abnormally high levels of dopamine have responded defensively and reduced the number of sites (or) receptors to which dopamine can bind. So while addicts begin taking drugs to feel high, they end up taking them in order not to feel low...” J. M. Nash

And this:

“Candace Pert: Even uni-cellular organisms have peptides – Even bacteria have a little hierarchy of primitive likes and dislikes. They're programmed to migrate toward or away from a chemotactic substance. They're little robots that go for sugar at all costs and away from salt...” The 3 -Pound Universe

And this:

“ELI WEST , of Concord township, Fayette county, Ohio, formerly of North Carolina, a farmer and an exhorter in the Methodist Protestant church, says, that many years since he went to live with an uncle who owned about fifty slaves. Soon after his arrival, his uncle ordered his waiting boy, who was naked, to be tied—his hands to a horse rack, and his feet together, with a rail passed between his legs, and held down by a person at each end. In this position he was whipped, from neck to feet, till covered with blood; after which he was salted....” American Slavery As It Was

And this:

“Empathy: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present - the capacity for this.”

And this:

“The assessment of intelligence was initiated by Francis Galton and James McKeen Cattell. They had advocated the analysis of reaction time and sensory acuity as measures of 'neurophysiological efficiency' and the analysis of sensory acuity as a measure of intelligence.” Wikipedia

And this:

“Lucy Lippard – In high art the word 'moral' is considered 'laughable,' there are always certain factions that try to insure that (people) can't think for themselves (THAT'S WHY I'M TELLING THE WORLD) Andres Serrano is a 'genius'...” Lucy Lippard (emphasis - ME)

And this:

“Piss Christ - depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a small glass tank of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's 'Awards in the Visual Arts,' which was sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects...” Wikipedia

Discuss – seriously, because THERE is the “answer,” to this:

“How did 'art' become PURE 'evil?”
MrMikeludo
Banned User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Aug 2011


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby Eclogite on August 14th, 2017, 10:43 am 

I thought you said you were going to present a coherent argument.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Location: Around and about


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby Braininvat on August 14th, 2017, 12:54 pm 

"Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown."

This should go in Odds and Ends, too. Doesn't meet forum guidelines in SCF or PCF. Anyone who is still trying to decode Mike's ciphers and heiroglyphs and non sequiturs, good luck to you. (Click his name, go to Search Member Posts and look at his first posting here in 2011 -- ain't much has changed, except the quantity of flying spittle...)
User avatar
Braininvat
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: 21 Jan 2014
Location: Black Hills


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby MrMikeludo on August 14th, 2017, 1:24 pm 

Braininvat:

Braininvat » August 14th, 2017, 12:54 pm wrote:"Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown."

This should go in Odds and Ends, too. Doesn't meet forum guidelines in SCF or PCF. Anyone who is still trying to decode Mike's ciphers and heiroglyphs and non sequiturs, good luck to you. (Click his name, go to Search Member Posts and look at his first posting here in 2011 -- ain't much has changed, except the quantity of flying spittle...)


Why not just do this:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19902

Simplify it, for everyone:)

Oh and by the way, let's see if any of the "readers" gets THIS clue:
viewforum.php?f=115

Heck, we may as well add this clue, as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJlgio-UOng

Or, the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHnzYEHAow

One, more clue, you all:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Apostle
MrMikeludo
Banned User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Aug 2011


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby BadgerJelly on August 15th, 2017, 2:48 am 

Still waiting for evidence that "Art" has become "PURE 'evil'"?

You make a statement and expect us to prove it? The onus is on you to convince us with evidence this is true. Is all "art" today "evil"?
User avatar
BadgerJelly
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: 14 Mar 2012


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby BadgerJelly on August 15th, 2017, 2:53 am 

btw

I have the answer to your puzzle. You'll have to read all my posts to understand it though. If you've read all my posts on this site then it should be easy to figure out the answer.

If you get the answer of your answer right I'll fly to the US and give you your prize.
User avatar
BadgerJelly
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: 14 Mar 2012
BraininvatEclogite liked this post


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby MrMikeludo on August 15th, 2017, 3:39 am 

BadgerJelly » August 15th, 2017, 2:53 am wrote:btw

I have the answer to your puzzle. You'll have to read all my posts to understand it though. If you've read all my posts on this site then it should be easy to figure out the answer.

If you get the answer of your answer right I'll fly to the US and give you your prize.



I have the answer, and, it will be Super Easy for you to get here, because, I live right next door to the airport, with my dog, Sky - The Pilot, in case you didn't notice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXgys6Fk85I&t=35s
MrMikeludo
Banned User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Aug 2011


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby BadgerJelly on August 15th, 2017, 4:08 am 

Seriously, I am happy to talk about something. Are you?

I am not interested in your elusive games though nor in watching any more music videos, reading any more biblical quotes or watch you ramble to yourself in a strange kind of hysteria interspersed with manical laughs.

If you want to send me some money that would be great! I have been toying with the idea of moving to Guyana for a while and want to live in the amazon for a few weeks so a cash injection would be nice.

That is my final, and ONLY, answer to your "question".
User avatar
BadgerJelly
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: 14 Mar 2012


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby MrMikeludo on August 15th, 2017, 4:28 am 

BadgerJelly » August 15th, 2017, 4:08 am wrote:Seriously, I am happy to talk about something. Are you?

I am not interested in your elusive games though nor in watching any more music videos, reading any more biblical quotes or watch you ramble to yourself in a strange kind of hysteria interspersed with manical laughs.

If you want to send me some money that would be great! I have been toying with the idea of moving to Guyana for a while and want to live in the amazon for a few weeks so a cash injection would be nice.

That is my final, and ONLY, answer to your "question".



Uh, BadgerJelly, seriously, don't you have a job, how are you affording to be alive, or, are you a student?
MrMikeludo
Banned User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Aug 2011


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby Eclogite on August 15th, 2017, 4:34 am 

I thought you said you were going to present a coherent argument.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Location: Around and about


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby MrMikeludo on August 15th, 2017, 4:37 am 

Eclogite » August 15th, 2017, 4:34 am wrote:I thought you said you were going to present a coherent argument.


It's on its way, Mr. Smarty Pants:)
MrMikeludo
Banned User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Aug 2011


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby BadgerJelly on August 15th, 2017, 5:15 am 

Nah! I have a job. My point was if you wanna sell one of your paintings and send me the money that would be great because of the above.

I can just save up for about a year and have around $10,000 though and do it that way instead. Would save me time if you gave me the money now though ;)
User avatar
BadgerJelly
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: 14 Mar 2012


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby MrMikeludo on August 15th, 2017, 8:08 am 

MrMikeludo
Banned User
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Aug 2011


Re: How did 'Art' become PURE "evil?"

Postby Eclogite on August 15th, 2017, 10:18 am 

I have no interest in viewing yet another video. Either present your coherent argument, in writing, in this thread, now, or this thread is likely to be closed. You have been given an inordinate amount of indulgence. That ends here.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Location: Around and about


Previous

Return to Odds & Ends

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests