Do corrupt people always suffer.

Philosophical, mathematical and computational logic, linguistics, formal argument, game theory, fallacies, paradoxes, puzzles and other related issues.

Do corrupt people always suffer.

Postby manishsqrt on July 13th, 2015, 9:53 pm 

We all have heard such quotes in daily life that bad practices to survive living does not work for always, it has a very short life etc. But i want to know that apart from the belief, faith and ethics is there any logical argument that can support this quote exactly.Something like conservation of energy and money etc.I have feeling that since scientifically work is equal to energy in a closed system so for any human individual(a closed system) or group(again a closed system) this rule is also applicable.The work which he or they will do will generate energy i.e money for them.And the money can never be greater than the work done, because nature follows energy conservation.Can any of you provide more detailed explanation.
manishsqrt
Forum Neophyte

Re: Do corrupt people always suffer.

Postby Serpent on July 14th, 2015, 12:17 am 

manishsqrt wrote:We all have heard such quotes in daily life that bad practices to survive living does not work for always, it has a very short life etc.

I'm not sure what the quote is. I'm guessing "Crime doesn't pay" or something like that. I'm guessing you mean, people who do dishonest things will be found out and won't profit from their dishonesty. Is that correct?
If it isn't, the rest of my answer won't make any sense.

But i want to know that apart from the belief, faith and ethics is there any logical argument that can support this quote exactly.Something like conservation of energy and money etc.

No. Lots of very bad people have gotten away with their misdeeds, profited and prospered. I might go so far as to say, they generally do better in life than honest people - as long as what you count is wealth. Pirates, slave traders, arms dealers, usurers and oil barons have left huge fortunes to their children - who went to brand name universities and became respectable - became president, in several cases.

I have feeling that since scientifically work is equal to energy in a closed system so for any human individual(a closed system) or group(again a closed system)

How is an individual human or a human group a closed system? Are they not part of a larger human society, which draws its resources and energy from the planet, and affects all the other species and the environment with its actions?
this rule is also applicable.The work which he or they will do will generate energy i.e money for them.

Money isn't energy. Sunlight is energy. Standing on top of a mountain is potential energy. A salmon is both an entity and stored energy.
Money is a symbol for an artificial medium of exchange among people who have agreed on its symbolic value to trade for goods and services. Its value is arbitrary. So is the value of work in a human community. Very often, people who do no work at all get lots of money, while the people who the most useful work get the least money. Do you really believe Mitt Romney does a thousand times as much work as a salt miner in Tennessee?
And the money can never be greater than the work done, because nature follows energy conservation.

Money has nothing to do with nature. Offer a squirrel a dollar for a dozen acorns sometime.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby mariel on July 22nd, 2016, 6:43 pm 

I hate to view reality that way; instead, a way to view reality is that balance always emerges, however long it takes.
In the end, all life forms are life's meaning, and so even the corrupt will become one with all else.
mariel
Banned User

Postby Eclogite on July 22nd, 2016, 7:29 pm 

mariel » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:43 pm wrote:I hate to view reality that way; instead, a way to view reality is that balance always emerges, however long it takes.

It turns out that the universe has absolutely no interest in how you think it should function. Failure to pay attention to how it does function can be dangerous for your health, well being and comfort.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Postby vivian maxine on July 23rd, 2016, 7:02 am 

Read a bit of history and notice something. Even credit goes to the wealthy who hired laborers, sometimes at pitifully low wages, to do his work for him. This suddenly came to me as I was learning from my uncle how grandpa shouldered a tool box every Sunday night and walked miles to his job where he and his fellow laborers spent the week helping build the railroads in Florida. All I kept seeing was credit to the men who supplied the money. Always, it said those men "built the railroads". No they didn't. They furnished the money and the railroads might not have been built without it but they did not do the building. I have yet to see a story telling of the hardship the laborers went through to bring those rails into existence.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Logic