US Launches Air Strikes On Syria

Threads from our former general news forum (replaced by a STEM news forum at the end of 2018). READ ONLY.

Re: US Launches Air Strikes On Syria

Postby BadgerJelly on April 8th, 2017, 8:55 am 

Lomax -

Don't understand your reply to me, sorry.

All I was saying is question what you're told to believe, and more importantly, what you consider right or wrong.

I am far removed from what is happening in Syria, and I don't just mean geographically.

If the UK had bombed then I would be less concerned because I only watch the bigger powers. It is clear to me there are games being played.

Am I denying the attacks took place? Not at all. Any piece of news I hear broadcast I question. I have seen things distorted and sensationalized by the media since the early 90's, and I have taken everything I see on TV with a very cynical and skeptical view.

I have opinions about what I have direct experience of. For example in the Philippines I am for Duerte even though I imagine people who've never been there draw very quick consclusions based on what is reported.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby Lomax on April 8th, 2017, 10:09 am 

BadgerJelly » April 8th, 2017, 1:55 pm wrote:All I was saying is question what you're told to believe, and more importantly, what you consider right or wrong.

By all means, but you'll understand if I find it condescending to be treated like a doddering grandad or a Fox News presenter. Anyway I have a question: if you question all the news you hear, why do you not doubt that the attacks took place?
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Postby BadgerJelly on April 9th, 2017, 4:02 am 

Lomax » April 8th, 2017, 10:09 pm wrote:
BadgerJelly » April 8th, 2017, 1:55 pm wrote:All I was saying is question what you're told to believe, and more importantly, what you consider right or wrong.

By all means, but you'll understand if I find it condescending to be treated like a doddering grandad or a Fox News presenter. Anyway I have a question: if you question all the news you hear, why do you not doubt that the attacks took place?

I do doubt it, that is what I said. Not denying something is not the same as confirming it. Doubt can be good (Or am I being condescending by showing you how you've twisted my words?).

Any chance you'll actually tell me what you were talking about? Lincoln? Chomskian?
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby BadgerJelly on July 27th, 2017, 11:23 pm 

UN report exposing misinformation.

Then look at this frankly unbelievable deflection (referring to first 2 mins, not watched the rest):

BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Previous

Return to Pre-2019 News Archive