NIH to get a $2 billion funding boost

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

NIH to get a $2 billion funding boost

Postby BioWizard on May 1st, 2017, 9:51 am 

I'm very happy right now. Big thanks to everyone who marched in support of science!

NIH to get a $2 billion funding boost as Congress rebuffs Trump’s call for cuts

ASHINGTON — The National Institutes of Health will get a $2 billion funding boost over the next five months, under a bipartisan spending deal reached late Sunday night in Congress. The agreement marks a sharp rejection of President Trump’s proposal to cut $1.2 billion from the medical research agency in the current fiscal year.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/01/nih ... ess-trump/
BioWizard
Forum Administrator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: NIH to get a $2 billion funding boost

Postby zetreque on May 1st, 2017, 11:00 am 

Spent all Saturday at a march for science event. Was super fun! I helped over 50 children and adults create signs at our booth, helped the creation of a looping set of science videos for a theater, and bought a disease resistant tree after humans introduced the disease 100 years ago.

The funny thing was. People were so fired up to march that once the actual march began in the afternoon, people took off walking so fast I hardly had time to take any pictures. After putting so much effort into their signs, they zipped around the entire park in a matter of a couple minutes instead of taking their time so the rest of the crowd could absorb the highlight of the event. Their little kids couldn't even keep up that walking pace. hahaha
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby zetreque on May 1st, 2017, 9:41 pm 

Just read in my school paper that our science department was just awarded 20k from NIH!
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby SciameriKen on May 2nd, 2017, 1:25 am 

BioWizard » Mon May 01, 2017 1:51 pm wrote:I'm very happy right now. Big thanks to everyone who marched in support of science!

NIH to get a $2 billion funding boost as Congress rebuffs Trump’s call for cuts

ASHINGTON — The National Institutes of Health will get a $2 billion funding boost over the next five months, under a bipartisan spending deal reached late Sunday night in Congress. The agreement marks a sharp rejection of President Trump’s proposal to cut $1.2 billion from the medical research agency in the current fiscal year.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/01/nih ... ess-trump/

Lol I posted your link on the March for Science facebook page - 5700 likes 450 shares! lol its fun to spread good news :)
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Return to News Discussion Forum