Senator McCain Diagnosed With Brain Tumour

Reopened October 2019 - includes archived threads from pre-2019

Senator McCain Diagnosed With Brain Tumour

Postby toucana on July 19th, 2017, 9:57 pm 

Senator John McCain has been diagnosed with a brain tumour.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/19/health/gupta-mccain-glioblastoma/index.html

The tumour was discovered when the 80 yr. old Republican Senator from Arizona underwent a minimally invasive surgical procedure to remove a blood clot over his left eye that was detected by an MRI scan following a routine health screening.

According to CNN Chief Medical Correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta who spoke with permission to McCain's doctors, the tumour is a primary glioblastoma. This is the same type of tumour that killed Senator Edward Kennedy in 2009.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: Senator McCain Diagnosed With Brain Tumour

Postby TheVat on July 20th, 2017, 11:17 am 

Very aggressive kind of tumor - treatments are not effective and mortality is nearly certain. I will be sorry to see the Senate lose a man of integrity and genuine devotion to public service. A voice of reason in a political party that really needed one. Arizona, you know what you need to do. Don't let yourself be bought, in the next election.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby toucana on August 25th, 2018, 8:56 pm 

U.S. Senator John McCain has died at the age of 81.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45312217

His family announced only on Friday that he had decided to discontinue further treatment and enter hospice care.

The six-term senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee was diagnosed after doctors discovered his tumour during surgery to remove a blood clot from above his left eye last July.

The son and grandson of Navy admirals, Mr McCain was a fighter pilot during the Vietnam War. When his plane was shot down, he spent more than five years as a prisoner of war.

While in the custody of his captors, he suffered torture that left him with lasting disabilities.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Watson on August 30th, 2018, 3:33 pm 

Senator John McCain is such a positive inspiration to so many. I thought it would make an appropriate painting. I'm still working on it, but the small details are the hardest to deal with. I have to add a dimension and depth to the flag, and other less obvious details. It is the kind of work I may never be finished.

I do try and avoid adding content to this site, since ted added all the commercial click bait. I'll post this and other paintings on twitter, @DWiliamson If providing an alternate site of my work is contrary to forum rules, I apologize in advance.
Why is the picture now a click to be downloaded, instead of a image within the post? Good job ted Awhole.
Attachments
IMG_1908 (3).JPG
Watson
Resident Member

Location: Earth, middle of the top half, but only briefly each 24 hours.

Return to General News and Politics