quantum gravity and Saturn's Rings

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

quantum gravity and Saturn's Rings

Postby interested party on November 6th, 2017, 2:18 pm 

I've developed a very straight-forward factorization of all the gaps in Saturn's Rings. It recently occurred to me that the underlying scheme may have direct associations in creating a theory of quatum gravity.

I am looking for a tutor or mentor of some sort who might assist crafting a decent paper on the topic. Please feel free to reply if interested to:

scott_albers@msn.com.

Thanks very much.
interested party
Forum Neophyte

Re: quantum gravity and Saturn's Rings

Postby interested party on November 6th, 2017, 8:08 pm 

Let's imagine that gravity was associated with dropping 100 balls into a pit of stiff mud. The balls are all equal in size to one another. They differ ONLY in their weight, the heaviest being pure lead, the lightest being balsa wood, and all the other balls are somewhere in between.

All the balls are dropped from the same height, at the same time, and into the same mud which has a uniform stiff-ness throughout the pit. The heaviest is at the far left, looking at it head on, and the lightest is at the far right, just like the setup of a piano. The mud is allowed to dry, and a cross-section of the pit is taken. Sure enough, from heaviest to lightest, the size of the cylinders is proportional to the weight of the ball, and the radius of each cylinder is exactly equal to every other cylinder. They differ only in length.

The whole thing resembles a Pan Flute, the deeper ones as associated with the lower tones, the less deep with higher tones in the flute.

Would this suggest that there is a musical characteristic to gravity which should be considered in its understanding? Is there something about gravity which is closely associated with our concept of musical harmony?
interested party
Forum Neophyte

Postby interested party on November 6th, 2017, 8:16 pm 

If one adds (1) a sine wave to (2) a damping cosine wave of half the period of this sine wave and an equal y height, the (3) resulting wave has a number of peaks and troughs. Each of these peaks and troughs correlate to a gap in the rings of Saturn, if one begins the wave at the inner boundary of the D ring, and proceeds to the outer boundary of the F ring.

Does this factorization of the gaps in the Rings of Saturn suggest that there is a joinder between two alternate forces underlying the waves (1) and (2)?

(When I divided the "sine + damping cosine" wave into 20,454 equal divisions, and associated the divisions of this wave with a 3 km distance of radial length within the Rings of Saturn, it worked out just about exactly.)
interested party
Forum Neophyte

Postby interested party on November 13th, 2017, 2:11 pm 

I have created a video of these ideas, and I hope that there might be comment on how it may be improved. You can find the video on YouTube, at the following site.

Thanks very much in advance for your interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okqtzXh6Y-E
interested party
Forum Neophyte

Postby interested party on November 14th, 2017, 1:34 pm 

A person who is already familiar with the basic science developments up to Kaluza could skip to minute 28 of the hour long film.

The papers which are referred to at the end of the video are found at:

https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/view/pe ... 3A=3A.html
interested party
Forum Neophyte

Return to Lounge Area