27 Killed In Texas Church Massacre

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Re: 27 Killed In Texas Church Massacre

Postby Braininvat on February 19th, 2018, 11:04 am 

Mostly agree that my measures won't sell here. It was a wish list, from one citizen who is representative of what proportion of the electorate I'm not sure. I only see change when Millenials become the wise elders, perhaps in 3 or 4 decades. I don't know anyone my daughter's age who is much interested in personal gun ownership. That's just an impression , based on a gross sampling error, so take with usual grain of halite. Some talking points only perish when their mouthpieces are six feet under.

Full disclosure: I grew up around guns, and the wife and I inherited seven heirloom guns and rifles. I would be happy to turn them in to a buyback center (Chicago is the closest), or at least pull out the firing pins and cement the barrels. That would take some negotiations, at this point. They are a part of our ranching/farming roots. The sheriff was a lonnnggg way away, if needed.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby toucana on February 21st, 2018, 9:54 am 

An aide to a Florida legislator was fired on Tuesday after claiming that two survivors of the mass shooting at a Parkland high school were “actors” and not really students, echoing a conspiracy theory that has gained traction on social media following the deadly attack.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/benjamin-kelly-florida-aide-parkland-shooting-actors_us_5a8d1205e4b00a30a250aab5

Benjamin Kelly, an aide to Rep. Shawn Harrison (R-Tampa), reportedly penned the false claim in an “unsolicited” email sent Tuesday to the Tampa Bay Times’ Washington bureau chief Alex Leary.

The reaction to Kelly’s remarks was swift and scathing. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who has come under scrutiny this week for failing to support gun control efforts, said the people pushing such conspiracy theories were a “disgusting group of idiots with no sense of decency.” 

Florida House Speaker Richard Corcoran (R) fired Kelly just hours after the controversial remarks went public. He expressed shock and anger at Kelly’s claim and issued an apology to the students.

Meanwhile Donald Trump Jnr has ‘liked’ a Tweet that made similar conspiracy theory claims against another student survivor of the Stoneman Douglas High massacre who happens to be the son of an FBI officer. Trump Jnr put in an extra smear of his own by saying
Oh but wait, his father was in the FBI. It would not have mattered anyway.

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-jr-likes-post-attacking-florida-school-shooting-survivor-11260400
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby toucana on February 22nd, 2018, 1:52 pm 

A church in Pennsylvania is inviting couples to bring their assault rifles to be blessed with them at a commitment ceremony.

Worshippers at the World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland are being asked to turn up with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle or equivalents such as an AK semi-automatic rifle, representing both the intent and the ability to defend one's family, community..."

https://news.sky.com/story/church-in-pennsylvania-asks-worshippers-to-bring-their-assault-rifles-to-blessing-11261762

Tim Elder, the church's director of world missions, said it believes the AR-15 symbolises the "rod of iron" mentioned in the Bible's apocalyptic book of Revelation.

Presumably they intend to mark the solemn occasion with an appropriate biblical reading, such as the well-known one from Armaments Ch2 v9-21(see clip above).
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Braininvat on March 1st, 2018, 11:13 am 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... tudy-finds

Could not resist posting this. It's sort of funny, and the statistical analysis makes a point about gun enthusiasm.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Previous

Return to News Discussion Forum