Do Moderators Exist?

Not quite philosophy discussions, debates, various thought experiments and other topics of interest.

Do Moderators Exist?

Postby Reg_Prescott on August 10th, 2018, 5:49 am 

Well...

Discuss.
Reg_Prescott

Re: Do Moderators Exist?

Postby Reg_Prescott on August 10th, 2018, 6:00 am 

And how would we ever verify metaphysical nonsense like this?
Reg_Prescott

Postby BadgerJelly on August 10th, 2018, 7:33 am 

Define “moderator” and “exist” then present the context/s within which you wish us to answer.

I have no trouble saying elephants exist in the common understanding of those words. When it comes to asking about demarcations between elephant and non-elephant, and/or existing and non-existing I am very wary.

The when we consider the word “moderator” above the phenomenon of an moderator things are even more fuzzy depending on how you choose to regard the relationship between words, communal communication, culture and the “raw” phenomenon (the physical experience of “moderator” - be it on TV or riding one through a river.)

No matter the experience of “moderator” the concept of “moderator” is necessarily a shared one that is acute enough to allow to begin to answer the question posed.

Existence is what appears to be the interaction of experience and if I were to get more pedantic I could simply say any experience is existence and existence is experience. Even the hypothetical has experiential substance in the moment.

If this reply doesn’t suffice, or goes beyond the bounds of “lounge” appropriate talk then copy and post in epistemology/anything philiosophy I guess and take me up on it there ... anyway still on holiday and looking forward to telling you about my strange observations.

Note: Yeah, I just replaced “elephant” with “moderator” - I’ve never ridden a moderator through a river ... but I’m optimistic that the future may yet yield such a boon.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby Forest_Dump on August 10th, 2018, 8:15 am 

Too early for me to be reading this kind of thing but now I know I am going to be wondering all day why you would want to ride a moderator across a river, etc.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on August 10th, 2018, 9:07 am 

This nonsense causes me to push my tusks through the wall.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Return to Odds & Ends