Bohemian Rhapsody with boomwhackers

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Bohemian Rhapsody with boomwhackers

Postby TheVat on April 20th, 2021, 4:04 pm 

TheVat
Forum Administrator

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody with boomwhackers

Postby doogles on April 20th, 2021, 4:51 pm 

It's interesting Vat that a tune can be produced from such primitive instruments.

But I must admit that I'm glad that more refined instruments have been invented. It reminds me of when I was 10 years old and my 12-year old brother got me a job of pulling the ropes on the bells at St Bartholemew's Church on Sunday mornings. Each rope was numbered and we just had to pull our own rope in turn with the overall sequence for each hymn.

In our high density residential area, everybody heard them every Sunday morning whether they wanted to or not.

Our mother had sent us off to the Methodist Church when I was 8 years old. My brother then discovered the Church of Christ where they had a Calisthenics class, so we went there for a while till he discovered that he could operate the ropes at St Bartholomew's Church of England. Within a year or two, he discovered a girl he liked at the Presbyterian Church. My interest in churches waned when I got bored with pulling the ropes at St Bart's.

By a chain of association, I'm also reminded of how our Australian aborigines seemed to only have the didgeridoo and a couple of short sticks that they clacked together in time with their own chanting voices. It seems strange that they didn't experiment with a tight piece of skin over a frame in the form of a drum as most other cultures did, or even a hollow log.
doogles

Return to Lounge Area